Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I am in China!!

Well, I've been here for a little over 24 hours so far and everything is going great! To give you a little update:

The food at New Day is amazing! We had stir-fry for lunch and for dinner they tried to teach us how to make dumplings (dough filled with pork and veggies), the Chinese chefs just laughed at our attempts to copy their folding.

I live in some apartments about a mile from the New Day compound, on the sixth floor with no elevator. Its small, but clean and pretty nice, especially for being in a village on the edge of Beijing. One interesting thing about the bathroom is that the whole thing is tiled and the shower head just pours onto it. Another interesting thing is that you are not supposed to flush toilet paper, you just place it in the trash . . lol.

The students will be coming to register for English classes on Friday so we are currently working on preparing things for the classes. We are throwing a fourth of July party and cooking American food and playing our music. We were teaching the Chinese staff the dances tonite for two hours. I don't think I ever had so much fun doing the Chicken Dance, Cha-Cha, Macarana, Electric Slide and the Hokey-Pokey :)

I am also taking Chinese Classes with my 4 roomates three times a week . . . right now we are working on the numbers!

Anyways, I am having a great time and looking forward to the student's arrivals.

Kelli Lynn

1 comment:

snow4jc said...

LOL wish I could have seen you guys teaching them all those dances! How fun ;-)